2 Critical After Possible Chlorine Leak at Northwest Suburban Pool

0

A possible chlorine leak at a suburban pool sent two people to the hospital Thursday in critical condition.

Police officers in Lincolnshire were dispatched about 2:20 p.m. to a community pool at 445 Village Green “for an unresponsive female and an unresponsive male” at the pool, village officials said. Officers found the pair unconscious but breathing. They were taken to Lutheran General Hospital.

The problem is being treated as a hazardous material situation that may be a chlorine leak or a carbon monoxide leak from a recent pool servicing, officials said.

“Additionally, several first responders are being evaluated for exposure to the chemical,” officials said in a statement. “Residents in the immediate area were notified to stay indoors with their windows closed and ventilation systems off.”

No other information was immediately available.

You might also like