3 Dead, at Least 10 Wounded in Shootings Across Chicago
Two people were sitting in a silver sedan when an unknown individual opened fire, striking both victims. Both victims, a 37-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman, were taken to Mount Sinai, and both were pronounced dead after they arrived at the hospital.
Just after 4 a.m. on Saturday morning, another fatal shooting occurred in the 3400 block of West Pierce, police said. A 45-year-old man was driving southbound on Homan when an unknown gunman fired shots from the sidewalk.
The man was struck multiple times, and crashed his vehicle into several parked cars. He was pronounced dead at the scene, and no suspect is in custody, police said.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings:
- At approximately 5 p.m. in the 5000 block of South Washington Park Court, a 27-year-old man was shot in the arm and suffered a graze wound to his face, according to police. He was taken to Providence Hospital in stable condition.
- In the 8000 block of South Marshfield at approximately 10:38 p.m., a 22-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk when a person in a silver sedan fired shots, striking him in the left hand, police said. The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- A total of three men were standing on a sidewalk in the 1300 block of West Hastings at approximately 11:07 p.m. when they heard shots, police said. All three victims, a 31-year-old man, a 35-year-old man, and a 28-year-old man, were taken to area hospitals, where they were all listed in critical condition.
- At approximately 1:43 a.m., a 35-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk in the 5900 block of South Elizabeth when a man walked up to him and fired shots, striking him in the right leg, police said. The man was taken to Holy Cross, where he was listed in stable condition.
- In the 9200 block of South Ellis at approximately 4:52 a.m., a 13-year-old girl was in a bedroom inside of a residence when two men on a sidewalk opened fire, striking her in the left shoulder. Police say the girl was taken to Comers Children’s Hospital in stable condition.
- Two people were shot while sitting in a vehicle in the 3700 block of West Thomas at approximately 5:11 a.m., police said. A 32-year-old man was shot in the right buttocks, and a 17-year-old girl was shot in the ankle, and both were taken to Norwegian Hospital in stable condition.
- At approximately 2:33 p.m. in the 7200 block of South Wabash, a 22-year-old man was shot in the upper back, according to police. His condition is unknown at this time, and police are seeking other details in the case.