Chicago Violence: At Least 5 Injured in Weekend Shootings
Here are the shootings that have been reported as of Saturday afternoon:
- At approximately 10:30 p.m. in the 300 block of North Hamlin, a 37-year-old man was shot while inside his vehicle, police said. Someone inside a dark-colored SUV fired shots at the victim who drove to Stroger Hospital with a graze wound to the head. The victim was listed in stable condition.
- A 20-year-old woman was shot while walking on the sidewalk at approximately 3 a.m. in the 2200 block of North Moody, police said. The victim was transported to Norwegian Hospital with a graze wound, and last reported to be in stable condition.
- In the 900 block of East 83rd Street at approximately 3:20 a.m., a 49-year-old man sustained a graze wound while inside a home with a group of people, according to police. The victim refused medical treatment.
- At approximately 7:55 a.m. in the 1400 block of North Lawler, a 37-year-old man was walk when someone in an unknown vehicle fired shots at him, Chicago police said. The victim was struck once in the back shoulder, and went to Mount Sinai Hospital in stable condition.
- A 22-year-old man was shot at approximately 11:13 a.m. in the 4900 block of West Adams, police said. The victim was running when he felt pain in his leg, and noticed that he had been shot. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.