Subscribe for unlimited digital access.
Try one month for $1!
Subscribe for unlimited digital access. Try one month for $1!
Police were warning South Side residents about a string of armed robberies recently reported in the Brainerd and Gresham neighborhoods.
In the last couple of months, two men flashed a handgun at lone victims before taking their belongings, according to a community alert from Chicago police. Items stolen by the duo include wallets, cell phones and cash.
The robberies occurred:
- about 1 a.m. Dec. 8 in the 8900 block of South Morgan;
- about 5 p.m. Dec. 16 in the 8700 block of South Aberdeen;
- about 6 p.m. Dec. 20 in the 9100 block of South May;
- about 7:45 p.m. Dec. 28 in the 8800 block of South Racine; and
- about 9:30 p.m. Jan. 5 in the 9000 block of South Aberdeen.
Anyone with information on the robberies was asked to call Area South detectives at (312) 747-8273.